Monday, July 18, 2011

Knit flower tutorial



A knit flower is a perfect addition to a headband, earwarmer, or just to wear in your hair!
What you need
yarn (small but good amount)
knitting needles (I usually use size 7)
scissors
button
needle to sew in your ends
Pattern
Cast on a large amount of stitches, I usually cast on over 80 atleast for a good size flower. 
1. Knit one row
2. K1, K2 tog and repeat until end of row.
Continue this pattern until you have under 15-20 stitches. next row repeat row #2, next row K2 tog for the whole row. continue this until you have under 8 stitches. Cut yarn and pull yarn through with needle. Make sure to leave about 6 inches. Your flower is not complete, next you will have to wrap up the flower to make it look like a flower shape. Sew together to maintain the flower shape. Add the embellishment of your choice and Ta Da!  A knit flower!






3 comments:

  1. Your hair bands are darling. I would love for my daughter to wear one of these.
    I will have to share your link with her. Liked you on FB and joined you on GFC. Hop by my blog a check out the Sundae Scoop.

    Patricia aka Mamaw
    http://itsabouttimemamaw.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this flower and used it for a hat I knit for my daughter. I have a pattern question: When you say "continue this pattern," do you mean continue with K1, K2tog? Or are you knitting a row after you K1, K2tog? Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete